It is a parent’s legal responsibility to make sure their child is in school each day and on time. Although we appreciate many of our students are on individual timetables, it is vital that they are adhered to whenever possible as progress will be adversely affected by absence or lateness.
- If your child is to be absent from school, you must inform us on the first day of absence. You will be asked why your child is absent and when they will return.
- If the reason for your child’s absence is regarded as acceptable (e.g. sickness) then it is an authorised absence.
- If we are not informed or an unreasonable reason is given then this is unauthorised absence. A record is kept of all unauthorised absence.
- It is essential that your child arrives at school in time to attend the first lesson at 9 a.m.
- Any arrivals later than 9:30 a.m. will be recorded as late, unless otherwise agreed or informed.
- If your child is absent and no information is received by 9:30 a.m. our Parents Support Advisor will contact the family.
- Unauthorised absences and persistent lateness will be investigated by the school’s Education Welfare Officer.