All our children have an Education Health and Care Plan. Typically, parents request a place at Woodlands via an EHCP Annual Review (or early annual review).
Prior to admission:
- There will have been concerns regarding the child’s SEND and the best setting for them.
- Extra professionals will already be involved (e.g. Educational Psychologist, Advisory Teachers from the Wakefield’s Inclusion Team)
The next steps are:
- The request for a place is considered by the Education Health and Care Panel. This is an expert panel that meets weekly at Normanton Town Hall.
- SENART, on behalf of the panel, usually consult us by sending the EHCP and any other useful information about your child.
- If we have any free places, we consider if we would be suitable for your child.
- If we can meet your child’s needs, we confirm this to SENART.
- SENART either issue an EHCP naming us as your new school, or send our response to the panel for further consideration.
If a place is approved, we contact you (or feel free to get in touch) to chat about the next steps towards joining us.